Friday, September 2, 2011

Chickpea, fetta and coriander tarts

1 can chickpeas (about 400g)
1 cup of your fav pasta sauce
1 egg (optional#)
1/2 cup chopped Coriander Leaves (or Basil)
100g Feta Cheese
4 sheets of filo pastry

Preheat oven to 220 degrees.

Drain and wash chickpeas.  Mash chickpeas with a fork.  Add pasta sauce, crumbled feta and coriander leaves and mix through well. Taste and season with salt and pepper to your liking.  Mix in egg.

Lay a sheet of filo on the bench, kepping the remainder covered to prevent them from drying out.  Spary sheet lightly with oil and fold in half.  Repeat this once then cut in half, giving you a 2 rectangles of pastry.

Spray a muffin tin lightly with oil and line each mould with a filo piece, pressing it down around the base and edges.  Fill the moulds with chickpea mixture and bake in oven for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.

Makes 8 tarts

** This recipe is from the biggest loser recipe book and everything is supposed to be low fat.  I do this a little differently.  I use puff pastry.  I cut the puff pastry into squares of four. (ie. one pastry sheet will can make four squares if you cut it or fold it into four).  Before I put the mixture in the tarts I bake the empty cases in the oven a little bit (for about 5 to 10 mins).  Once they are a little puffy and brown I take them out of the oven and then let them cool a little.  I then pop the mixture in and then put them in the oven for another 10 mins.

#I left the egg out the other night when I made this for Cynthy as she is vegie.  It didn't seem to make a whole lot of difference:)

No comments:

Post a Comment